Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 10:02:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 61
  • Latest: AciDeX
Stats
  • Total Posts: 28505
  • Total Topics: 1915
  • Online Today: 435
  • Online Ever: 569
  • (August 02, 2024, 06:20:39 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46

Permissions

Author Topic: The end of the road, a new beginning  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Kid Antrim

• Fastest gun in the west
    • View Profile
The end of the road, a new beginning
« on: June 11, 2004, 10:21:38 AM »
The time has finally come.  At the end of June, the majority of us here at GTW NSC Engineering will be losing our jobs.  The positions are being pushed out to the ODM's and overseas.  

Doesn't look like I'll be in the tech sector after this, as I'm really tired of it for the most part.  Time to pursue work that requires less BS and stress.  I remind myself of Kevin Spacey in American Beauty...  "I'm looking for a job with the least amount of responsibility possible.".

Offline Kid Antrim

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 10:28:21 AM »
On a side note, DUG as you knew it when we completed down there at your lan a few years ago will never play together again.  This past spring broncovb killed his fiancee and then turned the gun on himself.

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 12:05:13 PM »
Oh man. I am sorry to hear about both counts.  Best of luck in your future endeavors.

I hope that the gaming will continue for you though.
--------------------------------
Zoë: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline Kid Antrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 05:58:42 PM »
I guess there are a few positives of all this.  My last day is next Wednesday, June 30th.  About 30 others from the Engineering department are departing the same day.  They needed six people to stay, I did not volunteer to do so.  It's now or never, the rest are done by the end of October so I just said the heck with it.

I have another job lined up already so I'm covered there.  The severence package is pretty darn good so I can't complain.  I'll draw double income for a while which will be nice.  I'll use that cashola to pay off some bills, that should help offset the drop in pay going into the new job.

Anyway, I will probably still play a few games.  I really want to get an Xbox and try out Full Spectrum Warrior!  Aside from that I guess I'm looking forward to Tribes Vengence.  :)

Hope everyone down there is doing ok and not faced with these cross roads in life.  It's definitely a stressful time, although it's not been nearly as bad now that I have something else to go to.

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 07:48:40 PM »
Well, I am glad to hear that you at least have an income.  Although it is sad to hear that GW is shutting down some of the operations up there.

8/
--------------------------------
Zoë: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.